“When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven.” Nehemiah 1:4
Corporate Prayer & Fast Schedule
Sunday, November 25 – 1:30 pm: State of the Church Forum
Monday, November 26 – Friday, November 30: Renewal of the Church
- 24-hour Prayer Chain: Select an hour that you will be in prayer
- 5 days of Fast: choose a type of fasting (Daniel, total, or partial fast)
- Daily Scripture Reading and Devotional Questions
- Sanctuary will be open for prayer: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, November 30 – 7:00 pm: Gathering in the sanctuary
WHY DO WE FAST?
Fasting is a spiritual practice that enables the body of Christ to grow in their relationship with God. The purpose of a fast is to set aside a specific span of time for restricting certain foods or practices as a physical commitment to seek God through deeper personal engagement and fervent prayer. When we combine fasting with prayer and meditation, we can experience a more focused time of closeness with our Lord and seek His wisdom and help.
TYPES OF FASTS?
• Drinking only liquids, typically water and/or light juices.
• Broth or soup may be included as options.
• Removing certain elements from your diet.
• The Daniel Fast - abstaining from meat, sweets, or bread; drink water and juice, and eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
• Abstaining from eating any type of food in the morning and afternoon.
• Fast during specific times of the day, e.g. 6 am - 3 pm, or from sun-up to sundown.
• Common for: anyone new to fasting food; those with health issues that prevent them from fasting food; those wanting to refocus specific areas of life that are out of balance.
• Suggestions: abstain from engaging in social media, shopping, watching television, etc.